We are excited to be hosting the Detroit Lakes Invitational Ski Meet!! It has been a challenging winter with low snow but we have been working hard on the trails to have as good as possible conditions for the skiers.
* Maplelag’s kitchen staff will be offering a home made lunch which will be available for spectators in the main level of the lodge for only $5
* spectators watching on trail are encouraged to use skis. If you must walk, please stay 2-3 feet off the side of the trail to protect our thin base of snow. There is no problem walking through the woods with good winter boots.
*for the safety of all, please, no pets.
Skate Race Only on Skaters Waltz Ski Trail
***Varsity skiers will skate a 2 lap course approximately 8.7 km (limit 10 per school)
***Jr. Varsity skiers will skate a one lap 4.3 km race.
***Jr. High skiers will skate a 3.5 km race.
10:30am Boys Varsity
11:15am Girls Varsity
12:30pm Boys JV
1:00pm Girls JV
1:45pm Boys JH
2:15pm Girls JH
Celebrate Winter Trails Day with the
Laurentian Lakes Chapter at Maplelag
Resort on Saturday, January 10th, 2014
Come out to celebrate winter by cross-country skiing or snowshoeing on
Maplelag’s fantastic trail system. A Trail Pass will be available for all
participants. If you’re not up for a day out on the trails, check out all of the
Schedule of Events:
• Join a group XC ski or snowshoe @ 1:00pm (meet in the lodge lobby).
• Come hear “Wild for Monarchs” presentation @3:30pm.
• Check out the silent auction featuring outdoorsy items and unique local artisans’ products
from 1:00 – 6:00. All proceeds will go toward building, maintaining, and promoting the
• Laurentian Lakes Chapter’s annual business meeting @ 5:00
• Family-style dinner to follow @ 6:30pm
Maplelag Resort is located north of Richwood off of Becker County Highway 110. See the
map on the opposite side with more specific directions.
Check out Maplelag Resort’s top-notch facilities and trails and get the latest trail conditions online at
Costs: Skiing trail pass and dinner is $27 (snowshoeing is free), dinner only is $17 – RSVP required
for dinner. To RSVP, please contact Ray Vlasak by January 1st @ (218) 573-3243 or
Equipment rental: Rental ski packages are
available for $10 and snowshoes for $5. The
rental shop opens at 9am. Please DO NOT
snowshoe on the groomed XC ski trails!
Coming from the Detroit Lakes area, head north on Richwood Rd./CR-21
and follow the resort signs. This will include turning right onto CR-34 and
then a left on CR-110.
Distance: 20 miles.
Coming from the west and the Fargo-Moorhead area also use Hwy. 10 to
Detroit Lakes and follow the directions above (or use the shortcut through
Hitterdal, MN via MN-32, CR-14, CR-7, CR-21, and CR-110). Distance: 57
You can obtain detailed driving directions by setting your starting point and
30501 Maplelag Rd, Callaway, MN 56521 as your destination in an internet
mapping program like
Google Maps, Mapquest, etc.
A Family Owned and Operated Destination Cross-Country Ski Resort and Conference Center